Upholstery Cleaning Thornton, CO
Upholstery cleaning is the process of removing stains, grime, pet hairs, food spills, and more from your upholstered furniture. Like carpets, upholstered furniture can trap odors, dust, dirt, pet dander, and even germs that are brushed off people’s clothing. If you have pets or young children, your upholstered furniture pieces are likely to take a daily beating in the form of tracked grass and dirt, food spills, and more. Even adults can sometimes challenge the cleanliness of your furniture.
You can (and probably should) do some cleaning yourself, such as vacuuming off dust or blotting spills before they can stain. However, DIY cleaning is not always the best choice for your fine upholstered furniture, especially if the upholstery is leather or fur. Even some types of fabric can be inadvertently damaged by home cleaning methods.
Our Upholstery Cleaning Services:
We have a wide variety of upholstery cleaning based on the type of furnishing and the type of upholstery. Prices will vary according to size, style, and upholstery materials used.
- Split leather
- Cowhide (with hair on)
- Faux leather
- UV resistant fabrics
- Overstuffed chair
- Sectional (might differ by the number of pieces)
- Rocking chair
- Occasional chair
- Upholstered folding chair
- Other (please describe, and we will make an estimate)
Cleaning Your Upholstery:
Cleaning fine furniture can be almost as challenging as cleaning artwork. Some types of seating are considered to be collector’s items. Probably the most difficult coverings to clean are leather with fur or hair left on. You want to get it clean, but don’t want to remove the natural surface.
- Gently blot (don’t rub) spills with a soft cloth or absorbent paper towel.
- If there is a stain residue, dampen a soft cloth in water and mild detergent. Make sure the cloth is wrung out to the point that no water drips from it. Wipe the surface in the direction the hair lies naturally.
- For pet urine, add vinegar to your cleaning solution at the rate of 50% water to 50% vinegar.
- Alternatively to detergent and water, you can purchase special cleaning products made to clean hair rugs.
- To get pet fur or even people’s hair off hair upholstery, brush with a stiff, bristled plastic brush.
Leather Upholstery Cleaning
The next most difficult is leather, especially suede or split leather.
- Smooth leather can be gently wiped with a cloth dampened with water and a tiny bit of mild detergent. However, using vinegar or baking soda on leather can harden the surface changing both appearance and texture.
- Suede or split leather is more absorbent than regular leather. Immediately blot spills or other moisture. Allow the leather to dry, and brush with a shoe brush that is specially made for suede shoes.
Fabric Upholstery Cleaning
Here is an overview of cleaning basic fabrics:
- Textured wool: Use a mixture of mild soap such as dawn and water. Wring out a soft cloth until it is nearly dry, and brush gently. Use a natural texture stiff brush on stubborn places.
- UV Stain-resistant fabrics: Blot spills, wipe with a damp cloth, and allow to dry.
- Velvet: Treat as suede.
- Satin: Prevention is your best option here. If a spill occurs, blot immediately, wipe with a barely damp cloth (plain water) in the toward the fibers, and allow them to dry.
You Know the Challenges to Clean Your Furniture
As a homeowner, you know that spills can happen in an instant, especially if you have children or pets. If your furniture is delicate or made from a specialty fabric, it’s important to always test an area that is out of sight before attempting to clean it. If you’re not sure how best to handle the situation, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We are more than happy to lend our expertise and help you keep your furniture looking its best.
What to Expect From Matty's Upholstery Cleaning!
You can save yourself a lot of time, trouble, and frustration by calling our professional cleaning service. You can count on the following:
- Trained and experienced technicians
- Ecologically friendly cleaning solutions — benign for your pets, children, and the environment
- Time-saving solutions
- Furniture that is clean and looks brand new
We have family and pets, too. We know that they are important to you, and so is having a clean, attractive environment for everyone.
How it Works:
- Furniture is checked for condition, fabric type, and even the type of wood and glue used in construction
- We do a patch test in a location that is out of sight to discover color fastness and fabric durability
- The piece is vacuumed to remove as much loose hair and dirt as possible before doing anything else.
- Stains are pretreated.
- The entire piece is gently cleaned with an appropriate cleaner.
- Calling professionals almost always will save time.
- Your furniture will last longer.
- Your home’s environment is improved thanks to removing odors absorbed by the fabric — including cigarette smoke and pet aroma.
Here are a few testimonials from some of our happy customers!
“I thought my young tom cats had ruined my antique sofa before I could get them fixed. Matty’s Carpet Cleaning saved my sofa.”
“Sippy cups are great until your toddler decides that they can be used like a lawn sprinkler. My sweety explained that he was using his chocolate milk to water the cabbage roses on the upholstery. I was so relieved when it came back from Matty’s Carpet Cleaning looking good as new.”
Furniture is meant to be used. People sit on it, pets lounge on it, and children use it as a play surface. Clean is always important.
Why Choose Us?
At Matty’s Carpet and Air Duct Cleaning, we understand how important it is to keep your home looking and feeling its best. That’s why we are committed to delivering the highest quality service for all our customers. Our staff is dedicated to preserving your home furnishings with the utmost care and attention to detail. We treat your home as if it were our own, so you can be sure that your carpets, air ducts, and upholstery are in the best hands.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to clean an item?
That depends on the condition of the furnishing and whether it has any difficult stains. Regular cleaning should take 24 to 48 hours.
Do you guarantee the cleaned furniture will look like new?
We promise to do our best to clean your fine upholstered furniture. If it is damaged by something we do or that happened to it at the shop, we will make good on it. However, we cannot guarantee that every piece of furniture will be returned to its original condition.
What kind of cleaners do you use to clean upholstery?
We use ecologically friendly cleaners that are not only good for you and your family, but for the environment in general.
Our Promise to You:
- Free deodorizer treatment for all rooms where we clean carpet andor furniture.
- We follow through on our estimates. If we encounter something unexpected, we always call for approval before continuing. You will never receive hidden or surprise costs.